Here at Bridgewater, we are extremely proud of our Early Years Foundation Stage Department. We have been inspected by the Independent Schools Association (ISA) on numerous occasions who found our teaching to be ‘outstanding’. “Teaching in the foundation stage is outstanding and allows pupils to make very good progress.” (quote from most recent ISI report).
The Early Years Foundation Stage comprises of all children between the ages of 3 and 5 years. Children may start Kindergarten the term of their 3rd birthday and join the Reception Class in the September after their 4th birthday.
- To offer a warm, welcoming and happy environment to families.
- To make children feel safe and secure and parents know that they can leave their child with professionals who genuinely care about the children for whom they are responsible.
- For a happy atmosphere as staff work together enjoying an excellent rapport which is reflected in the ambience of the setting.
- An inclusive learning environment where “educare” is undertaken through fun and exciting activities which are presented to children through a stimulating, enriched and caring environment which captures the children’s interests.
- Cater for each individual through differentiated activities and experienced, qualified staff who have a thorough knowledge of the ability of each individual child.
- To work closely with parents in all aspects of children’s learning and development.
- To monitor and assess each individual child’s progress and development through skilful and sensitive observation.
- To foster a positive approach and use positive language which helps to build the child’s confidence; leading to good self-esteem and ultimately independent learning.