The elections for the new Head Boy/ Girl were keenly fought last term. Students were required to write a letter of application to the Headmistress and then attend a short interview.
This year’s Leadership Team is as follows:
Head Boy: Andrew Smith
Head Girl: Faye Monsen
Deputy Head Boys: Christian Smith and Harry Balderstone
Deputy Head Girls: Lydia Davenport-Thomas and Millie Camilleri
Heads of Student Council: Ashna Rayarel and Olivia Robinson.
The Leadership Team have already set up a new school council which has met twice this half term.
The aims of the Sixth Form Leadership Team are as follows:
- Work as a team to ensure that all Sixth Form members have the opportunity to develop the academic and personal skills needed to achieve their true potential.
- Provide effective communication between Sixth Form Students, Staff and lower school pupils so that all school members can work towards achieving their best in a supportive friendly environment.
- Liaise with each year group via assemblies and form groups.
- Run charity events to raise money for many worthwhile causes.
- Run extra-curricular activities in the Prep department.
- Look after our HE resources.
- Run the School Council.
- Act as a Role Model for students. This will involve working proactively with the younger years.
- Provide a positive public profile for the VI Form.
- Represent the school at a range of events throughout the school year, for example open evening.
- Become involved with the student life in Prep.
- To prepare speeches for various public school events such as Prize Giving.
Considerable organisational skills are required for the efficient delivery of these aims, so Leadership Team members have specific roles and all Sixth Form members are expected to support them in at least one of these.
The new student council for 2016-17 is up and running and met twice in the first term. Each form group elects a representative and one rep from each year group attends the student council meetings which are chaired and run by members of the Sixth Form Leadership Team. The aim of the Student Council is to ensure that every student in the school has a ‘voice’ and it provides a forum in which all students can discuss issues which affect them on a day-to-day basis and potentially bring about change for the better.