Entrance Examination for Year 7
The formal entrance exam for transfer and entry into the Senior School takes place in the January of the year of entry. The day consists of a test in English, Mathematics and Non Verbal Reasoning. Past papers are available upon request. Each student’s application is supported by a report from each applicant’s primary school, a personal interview and a meeting with parents.
Further detail on the examination procedures and Frequently Asked Questions will be sent out to all applicants in advance, so that students are fully prepared and as confident as possible for the day itself.
We are delighted that you are considering Bridgewater for your senior years and, all being well, look forward to welcoming you in September. Good luck!
Our 2019 Entrance Exam will take place at Bridgewater School on Friday 25th January.
If you would like to register your child, please contact Mrs Andrea Johnson on 0161 794 1463, or register online now.
Later Entry to Senior School
If a student wished to be tested for admission, we would follow this process although, not necessarily in this order:
- Take up references from the student’s current school
- Invite him or her into school for a morning to complete assessment papers in English and Maths and any other test needed.
- He or she then spends the rest of the day in school, usually with mentors from the peer group, joining in activities and gaining an insight into the day to day life of the school.
- The Headmistress meets all potential students for a personal interview.
- She would also meet you, the parents, at some point in order to clarify any issues.
We would then decide if an offer would serve the interests of the child, based on all the information available to the school. Offers of places are made as early as possible and certainly within three weeks of the papers being completed.
All such offers are conditional on the continuing good behaviour, attitude and work effort of the student.