Internal school examinations are held for all year groups in November and June each academic year. Mock examinations take place for years 11, 12 and 13 in February of each year.
External examinations take place in May and June each year, and students are issued with individual timetables detailed the date, starting time and length of each examination. The majority of external examinations are held in the Drama Studio and students are expected to wear school uniform.
The security and integrity of the examinations process is essential and students are given clear guidance regarding the rules and regulations in the preparation and sitting of examinations. Links to the JCQ documents outlining guidance and instructions for students are given below.
(See pdf files 4.1 4.2 4.5 and 4.6)
(See pdf files – there are 7 in total)
- Edexcel GCSE Exam timetable Summer 2016.pdf
- OCR A Level Exam Timetable Summer 2016.pdf
- OCR GCSE Exam Timetable Summer 2016.pdf
- AQA A Level Exam Timetable Summer 2016.PDF
- AQA GCSE Exam Timetable Summer 2016.PDF
- Edexcel A Level Exam Timetable Summer 2016.pdf
- WJEC A Level and GCSE Exam Timetable Summer 2016.pdf
A number of students are entitled to specific access arrangements such as extra time and the use of a laptop. Assessment of these needs and implementation of the arrangements is overseen by the school SENCO, Ms C Hemmings.